Search This Blog

Wednesday, 28 February 2018

Week 5 Reflection

WEEK 5 REFLECTION

What Learning did you find challenging this week?
I found challenging this week was Maths because for decimals it's confusing and it doesn't matter how much numbers are on the decimal it's about the amount so like this      0.07  0.09  0.239  0.9 10.100 like the 0.9 is bigger than the 0.239 because the 9 on 0.239 is just a thousandth so then it really isn't a number you count on a decimal for size and on the 0.9 it's actually 0.90 so then the 0.239 is actually 0.23 so then the 0.9 is bigger than the 0.239.

How did you use a growth mindset to overcome these learning challenges?
I used a growth mindset by not giving up because Seth keep on saying it was wrong and I'm like how and then he had to keep on explaining why it was smaller or bigger than the other one and I just didn't give up until I got the hang of decimals for smaller numbers now because I use to know quit a bit but then the school holidays erased most of it.


What is the piece of the work you are most proud of this week?
The thing I was most proud of this week was writing because I right down lot's for my first make up story for the year and surprisingly I'm pretty sure that I didn't do much spelling mistakes because normal I do them quite a bit.

Why are you proud if it?
I am proud of it because it was my first story writing for the year and normally I don't write down much for writing for my first story writing and also I think I didn't do much mistakes even though it's kind of good to do mistakes I'm just proud that I think I did hardly any.





2 comments:

  1. Great job Cody, I will definitely look forward to reading your writing. I am glad that you persevered with decimals, it's good to have the support of a friend. Remember to proof read your posts just like you would a piece of writing, read it out loud so that you can check it makes sense. You have used good evidence and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cody I liked the way you added so much detail and explained what was hard about decimals and also I think you taught how to do decimals because you write so much about it.

    ReplyDelete